Pre - Kindergarten
Four year olds will be improving old skills while developing new ones. Everything new is of interest and their curiosity is abundant with overflowing energy. Children this age need a lot of gross motor activities and they don’t like to sit for long periods. They have a wild imagination, are extremely verbal and may use potty language. Friends are important and they are sociable.
VPK - Voluntary Prekindergarten
Preparing 4-year-olds for success in school!
VPK stands for the Voluntary Prekindergarten education program. If you live in Florida, and your child turns 4 four years of age by September 1, your child is eligible to participate in Florida's FREE Voluntary Prekindergarten (VPK) education program. Concordia Lutheran School has been a certified VPK provider since 2005. So don't wait, enroll your child in the free VPK program today.
For enrollment information, call the VPK helpline at
305-646-7220, email them at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their website at www.VPKHELP.org.
Benefits of early education and the VPK program
· The most important growth and development in the brain happens by the age of five.
· The early years are the learning years.
· A child’s ability to be attentive and to follow directions emerges in the early years.
· Structured early learning fosters these abilities for later success in school and in life.
· Pre-K prepares children to be ready for school. Children who participate in high-quality early childhood education programs develop better language skills, score higher in school-readiness tests and have better social skills and fewer behavioral problems once they enter school.
· They are also better prepared for Kindergarten, especially in the areas of pre-reading, pre-math and social skills.
· Pre-K promotes a love of learning in children.
· Pre-K enhances what a child learns at home and instills a love of life-long learning.
To learn more about the benefits of early childhood education and the VPK program, please visit https://www.brightbeginningsfl.org/Parent/Default.aspx
What Skills Will I Learn?
Extra Curricula Activities